Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Brought the man with a puppy soup and stuff for £4.39 (total: £44.21)


After seeing the nice smile and the puppy and the teddy I went to God Awful Pret (sorry) and brought two bits of bread (one for the dog) some soup, an apple and an orange juice. Then - having checked the chap was still there, I marched back out to the street to drop the bag with the boy only to find that he was standing up, dealing drugs, in new trainers, clean jeans and a bored dog. The teddy bear had been thrown aside.
Horrible.
I watched for a while, felt a little stupid and then walked on. Thinking - 'I really don't want this soup' when I saw a little black, rolled up sad ball of a person a few yards down the road and put the bag gently down beside her instead. 'Excuse me' I said, 'Excuse me'... She looked up, looked very sad and then looked very hungry.
I guess everything happens for a reason... She deserved it far more.

No comments: